Get in yuh band - J'ouvert!!!

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 Drunk or Sober Mind yuh Bizness 0 Comments

I've always been asking why we don't have any real j'ouvert like celebrations in Miami for Carnival. I never thought it was so difficult to find a venue early in the morning to have people in mud and trucks and have a proper j'ouvertesque experience during carnival celebrations. And as I always remember the response being, "that wouldn't work here". Well Ha! I am quite excited to announce that for the first time (that I know of) there is going to be a J'ouvert for Miami Broward carnival at Broward regional park (ideal venue IMO) from 7am to 1pm (kinda starting late but I am probably asking for too much here.


At first I was saying it was probably just going to be more partyish than anything else. But then I see bands calling for people to register with them to be a part of their j'ouvert band



So find yuh band and get ready for the mud, paint and jammings!! 

So so many opportunities for wutlessness this year!!




-Disclaimer-

0 comments: