Generation X Review #2

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 Drunk or Sober Mind yuh Bizness 2 Comments


My friend and I have been going to Miami Carnival for the past few yrs. and decided this time we would play mas. We chose Generation X because we heard good things about them in the past,and the costumes this year were beautiful and affordable.
We were in Avalanche. Our section was handled by a separate group, Trinijah Entertainment.  We chose it because we never had costumes that color before and the section leaders were the only ones ready in July to take registration using a secure website. (Generation X website wasn’t up until mid-August I believe. Prior to that they wanted us to give all our card information over the phone to register for the 8 sections they actually handled, which we were not going to do for security reasons.)
The people behind Trinijah Entertainment, Remmie and Kandice Hunte, were great. They kept us informed from registration to pick up. They were fun and professional. Our pick up options were from Thursday to Saturday, anytime. My friend and I landed around noon on Thursday and went straight to get our costumes. We were in and out in 10 minutes. We LOVED our costumes! They also gave us wine samples, sunglasses, glitter, and water bottles.
We got to the stadium at noon, went straight to get a drink (no premium liquor, but I stuck with Appleton for the day). Every time we went for a drink it was available. I used all but one of my drink tickets.  It was raining, but we still had a time! The music was good. I wish they would have had ppl on top the truck hyping us up more, but it was fine. Vibes was great, everybody winein on everybody, lmao. Around 3pm, we got food. It was chicken, salad, and lo mein...no problem for us.
We crossed the stage a little after 7. It was soooo fun! I had a great time with this band.


I’ve read and heard horror stories from other people and it really shocked me. I feel like we played in two separate bands because of the extreme differences in experience. I think my friend and I benefitted from registering with the group that handled their section independently from GenX. I would play with them again, but after hearing those disappointing stories, it would have to be with an independent group whose only focus is on one section.


-Disclaimer-

2 comments:

AngelaPanama said...

I was with Gen X and I got lucky with costume pick up too. I had to go back Sat to get my brothers costume & saw the madness out there, luckily we got his costume quick. We brought our own alcohol so we were ok everytime they shut the bar down.

AngelaPanama said...

I was with Gen X and I got lucky with costume pick up too. I had to go back Sat to get my brothers costume & saw the madness out there, luckily we got his costume quick. We brought our own alcohol so we were ok everytime they shut the bar down.