One carnival but Two websites??

Friday, August 17, 2012 Drunk or Sober Mind yuh Bizness 0 Comments

For a while I have been a bit confused as to where I can go to get official information on Miami Broward Carnival. Official information on bands, carnival information etc was basically found and distributed by band leaders, promoters, he say she say. Most times you couldnt find any official official information as readily as you would like.

I found Miami Carnival on facebook with 4000+ likes www.facebook.com/#!/carnivalmiami and a website: www.miamicarnival.net.

Theeeen I found Miami Broward Carnival with a facebook page, that is harder to come up in a search, with 700+ likes www.facebook.com/#!/MiamiBrowardOneCarnival. They also have a website: http://www.miamibrowardcarnival.com/

Amidst my confusion I decided to take it to twitter to ask which one was really the official page. (Both websites - up to last week - did not have any up to date information). This exchange made me giggle.








But now www.miamibrowardcarnival.com is up to date and has a full listing of bands for 2012 and their themes, list of steel bands, list of the one board member, you can buy tickets for the actual carnival event, press releases, pictures from last year, forms for vendors etc. So I suppose that this is the official site.






What I don't understand though is why is there another website claiming to be official? I understand that this may have been the site before there was ONE carnival but why then is this still running and if is still running why not as a subsidiary?

Anyway, you can now go find all your official information!! And if you're looking for a group to get some more up to date information and find a liming crew check out this group: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/groups/miamibroward1carnival2011/


-Disclaimer-

0 comments: