I went out....Machel Forever...

Sunday, February 21, 2010 clivia 1 Comments

Lol.
So ive been super busy with work...and avoiding even talking about Carnival cause I didn't go to Trinidad. AGAIN!! sigh...
So like most of us that didn't make the trek Ive been living vicariously through ctnt and facebook statuses. But NO hate....
anyways....i actually left home last night to go to an event here.

I went to Karibana at Sosta....hoping to capture a taste of Trinidad carnival. I needed a fix.
It was good. I mean....I've been out of the loop for a little bit so when I first got there it felt like i was in a teeny bopper party. But soon the old heads started showing up. That venue makes for a good party anyways. Not too small not too big. and i have to give Dorenzo credit ...his set was on. I wonder who the new mike man was???

The highlight of my night however was the Machel set. God I love that Boy. lol. What other current soca artist can you play a 45 minute set..of straight Machel....hit after hit after hit. When the played Water Flowing I was sooooo transported. and Vendors......allyuh remember that? Vendors??? They even played Sun...that song not usually in circulation anymore. so im thinking it done and wayyyyyyyyyyy....To early for your love!! WHATTTTTT! Utterly transported. UTTERLY!

Twas a good night.
Now im just waiting for MARCH!! Sigh when the boy will be performing just for me in Miami..for my birthday. No I not delusional. Its FATE Dammit!! A celebration of the artist that is my voice of soca...throughout all my life experiences...carnival and otherwise...

I CANT WAIIITT!!!

-Disclaimer-

1 comments:

Delusional u are my fren!!! lol